Note: If you are interested for voluntary service do send an email expressing your interest for voluntary service to the Managing Director - SPTWD via email only.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Whatever maybe your profession and skill and experiences, if you have the desire and passion to volunteer to work in Delhi settlement colonies and remote rural areas, you are most welcome to volunteer with us.
- Modest lodging and food will be provided free of costs.
- All travel and other personal expenses will be borne by yourself.
- Apart from modest accommodation and food, we will not provide any monetary compensation for your time and efforts.
1. School leaders/ Teachers training
If you are experienced school leader or trained teacher – you can volunteer with us for School Leadership and Teachers training at Majuli Island EPS school to train not only our teachers but also Govt. school teachers of the area to improve the learning outcomes of children studying in Govt. schools.
Apart from leadership, teachers’ need special training on classroom management, lesson planning, and activities based learning and English and Hindi.
2. Teach – Play-way, Primary, Middle and Higher Section Students
Ebion Public School (EPS) Majuli Island, Assam is community based school and follows a unique pedagogy rooted in the people culture and practices that combined rigorous academic pursuits with personal growth, leadership development and interpersonal skills development of each child.
Specific subject knowledge is essential. Teaching experiences and some previous work with underprivileged children preferred. Knowledge of Hindi, Assamese, Bengali and extra-curricular activities is an added advantage.
3. Help higher section (Class VIII-X) students understand Mass media/Cinema/Radio/Journalism etc
The school is community based and by training the children on mass media, Cinema and radio etc can help them design their own strategies for breaking stereotypes and bringing greater awareness about the evil associated with their culture and practices detrimental to their own social and economic development e.g. social drinking leading to indebtedness and poverty.
Knowledge of media, cinema, radio and journalism is essential. More importantly, the patience and passion to work with the children from low income groups living in difficult circumstances is essential.
4. Community outreach programs – Women empowerment, Health care, Skill development training, Agriculture, Children Resource & Development Centers
- Since we are operating at the grassroots level, SPTWD is increasingly finding ways to work with the poor parents to help them improve their overall social, economic and living conditions so that they are able to support their children’s education uninterrupted.
Hence, we required experts in women empowerment, agriculture, health care, skill training and marketing and so on to help the poor communities to find alternative and sustained income sources for their overall development and progress.
5. School Assessment and Improvement
- School assessment team
- Visiting and monitoring progress of Schools
- Children development activities
Other Volunteering Opportunities:
- Fund raising – for child sponsorship programs, Peace initiatives, Youth skill development, Entrepreneurship training programs, Youth exchange programs and Grassroots Sport Development programs
- Finance experts – accounting and financial management experts for helping us in developing proper systems and process for better accounting and financial management
- Adventure – for outdoor activities with children as part of Peace building and integration
- Research and development – to understand local issues and come up with well researched and design program interventions for lasting and sustainable social, environment and economic development f the local communities.
- Music, Dance, Football, Volleyball, Cricket, Badminton and other experts to training out students and community youth to develop their talent and inculcate a spirit of healthy competition